Tuesday 12 June 2012

My Diaries- Friday 8 June, 2012


It is too depressing to write. After a brief silence, my city- Peshawar witnessed another bloody day. A remote controlled bomb targetted government bus, killing atleast 21 people, injuring more than 40. Khaab came in from hostel to share that one of his hostel friends has lost a close family member. He was very  upset. I don't know how much worse can it get? Who does all this to us? Why us? what do they get from all this? We are already dead bodies walking and talking- no point killing dead bodies!

It is much anticipated French Open Semi Final between Federer and Djokovic. I would like to see Federer -Nadal epic final with Federer to win but it seems Djokovic will make it to the final. Federer, sadly, appears to be the shadow of his past. I won't watch it live. 

Muhammad came to our house to share that Juma Khan was operated for his lower back problem today. He said he is OK now. I believe our surgeons are best in the world due to having rampant bomb blasts and increasing casualties in the region. Human lives are worthless here- it seems nobody care. I suspect there are people who are beneficiaries of our collective woes. 

Akbar Ali came with his tractor to collect our brand new refrigerator which was not in our use. Baba gave him to use it for the summer. Mother had something to pick up against Baba saying that he should open a charity organisation to give everything for free which is not our use. I enjoy their little verbal skimishes since I was a little child. I called for a truce which was respected by both parties. Finally, everybody seemed happy!

Farid Gul- Diaries - Friday 8 June 2012, Peshawar

No comments: