Friday 20 August 2010

The words of a young girl- A Poem for the victims of flood !


Ah my loved ones!
If I die of hunger and indifference
sing no sad songs to me
or recite Astaghfar (forgiveness) for me!
that may soothe my dead soul
nor scatter over rose petals
or plant a shady tree on my grave
for then
I won’t need those acts of tenderness and warmth from you
as it won’t heal what I may have lost in my little world!

I know in a year time, as they are promising
Everything will be OK!
But how good will that be for me?
Will I be able to see the shade of the mulberry tree
in our mud house, washed away?
And where to play hide and seek in a village without houses
and houses without walls?
And if the flood takes away my dreams, like
my toys, my house and my village, and
you stayed indifferent
like a silent spectator , all tearful
what good will be your tears for me, will they undo the bruises done to me?

Farid Gul, London, 20th August 2010

No comments: