Thursday 3 December 2009

Me and my lonely night!

As the long winter night comes to me
I hug your memories
like a child of war
who embrace his toys against the chill of the night
to stay calm at the face of a terror.

But then
I look at the clock on the wall
and the calender on the table
a realization
that I live in the present
so.....
I start undressing
the tedious daily works
dusting my formal afternoons
and start arranging myself
to go to bed
it is getting dark now.

But then....
I need someone
someone...
to guard me of devils
someone...
with a flicker of light
to embrace me against the chill of the night
embrace my emptiness
and because I have nothing to do tonight!
except
talking with your pictures
so I will stay silent tonight!
And will ask myself:
is there someone who talks that sweet!
As you?

Farid Gul, London, November 20th, 2009

No comments: