Friday 25 July 2008

" The price of my head?"

One morning....
at 10.am on a bright sunny day
in your civilised bazaar ,where heads were offered for sale
the so called respectable and honourable were there...
we the crazy, indecent people...
we the mean, illiterate people, with our grim faces
went to see and watched the play
how much is the price of our heads....
I went to see, am I precious for them?
or too cheap for auction...?

I had my ego, and the cheap pride....
they had money, and cheap desires...
some went for sale like no precious item in a shop..
few were happy for the price of their heads.....
some were priceless.....
I wondered , how much is my price?

my heart was broken...
my little ego, like a little innocent child was crying to me....
they were counting not weighing the heads...
we were witnessing
like so many others...
the auctions of heads,and counting of heads...
and I watching the play, prayed to God
and thanks God,
My Lord!You're so gracious, so kind
you didn't make me one of those...
in your civilised world...

( A poem that I wrote to reflect on the politics of my country)F.Gul

No comments: